Saturday, November 17, 2007

:: preamble ::

acknowledgements :: technology is a wonderful thing. what creative people do with it is even better. noticing how like minded people are able to interact by blogging started to amaze me. thanks to the internet, the concept of blogging and sites like blogger.com for enabling this with such style and simplicity.

why :: here i am, blogging for the first time. i have no real goal to accomplish through my blog. may be in time, it will happen. i just started liking the idea and wanted to give it a try. hope is to make some friends, make some people laugh, spend some quality time with myself and may be rid of some stress :) wish me luck!

what is "bakmak" :: means "mind" in turkish, says dictionary.com. i liked it because my real friends call me "mak" - an acronym of my initials per my name in india - mangalampalli anil kumar. it had my nickname, meant something of what this represents, and best of all it was available.

one of my interests :: talk radio. my long commute to work made me a talk radio addict. i mostly listen to jay severin and michael graham on fm96.9. that helps me understand a number of things about america, english language, how to speak well and so on. anyway, just wanted to share something that recently was said by jay severin which makes me laugh whenever i remember it -

president bush recently said something like "so it proves that chlidrens learn by practice". in response to the president's inept language skills, jay severin responds - "childrens do learn, but presidents don't".

hope you liked it.

:: anil ::

2 comments:

Vijaya. said...

Welcome to blogosphere, mak!
Hope you make many friends here and share your wonderful thoughts with us.
Congratulations on finding a nice mom for your childrens :)

Sivakumar Gnanasambandam said...

Mak,
Continue blogging .....

Smiles,
SivaG